Your Guide to Coping with Eating Disorders
You didn’t choose to have
an eating disorder, but you can
choose how to deal with it!
Fill out the form to the right to download the helpful guide:
‘Eating Disorders – 10 Ways To Stop Yourself’.
Did you know?
You might have an eating disorder if you observe the following:
- Sudden, intentional and dramatic weight loss.
- An unrealistic body image. (No matter how thin a person with anorexia becomes, it’s likely that they will still identify as “fat.”)
- A phobia or fear of getting fat or gaining weight.
- Lack of a menstrual period for at least three consecutive months.
- Bloating, constipation, abdominal pain or other GI issues.
- Anemia, resulting from a diet low in iron. It leaves you feeling weak and tired.
- Skin and hair issues, such as development of soft, downy body hair and dry, thin skin.
You can overcome an eating disorder! YSC can help.
How Online Counseling Can Help You Deal with An Eating Disorder
Because of the advantages and immediacy of online counseling, we find people are more likely to start. And the sooner you start, the sooner you can normalize your eating habits.
It is convenient – you can do it from anywhere.
Where do you feel most comfortable? Home? In a coffee shop? That is where you might want to be when speaking with your counselor. Online therapy gives you the option to select your location.
It is anonymous.
Do you feel awkward at the thought of sitting in a room talking in person with your therapist? Online counseling gives you the choice of HIPAA-compliant video-conferencing, chat, email or phone – so you can decide how much interaction works best for you.
It is more private.
Do you fear meeting someone you know in a therapist’s waiting room? That keeps many people from getting the help they need. Online therapy give you the ultimate in privacy — it is therapy you can do from the privacy of your own home.
It is affordable.
Whether you have insurance or not, our therapists are priced to provide a great value to you. Hourly rates vary by counselor. They start at $40 an hour.
What makes Your Story Confidential special?
Online counseling means you can get help on your schedule, and on your terms. Our therapists, counselors and life coaches are here to build a relationship with you. They will listen objectively and help you learn tools to cope, heal, and move forward with life. Conversations between you and your provider are strictly confidential.