Your Guide to Coping with Relationship Problems
Not every relationship has a fairy tale ending.
The divorce rate still hovers around the 50% mark. There may be times when a fresh start is the best option for everyone, but some relationships are worth working on.
All relationships go through changes: children, career changes, loss of parents, moves and other major milestones. It’s easy to let your relationship take a back seat to the hectic pace of life. Sometimes it just needs refreshing. Other times, it needs a lot more than that.
When you have
here are steps you can take
to avoid a breakup!
Fill out the form to the right to download the helpful guide:
‘Relationships – The 6 Best Practices to Avoid a Breakup’.
Did you know?
- You can’t guilt someone into staying, and if you do, neither of you will be happy.
- Begging and tears of desperation won’t hold a relationship together.
- Staying together for the sake of the kids doesn’t work either. As they say, it’s better to come from a broken home than to live in one.
- Don’t expect to change your partner. If you can’t accept your partner’s behavior, the relationship won’t work.
- Similarly, you can’t change your partner’s feelings about you.
- Never threaten to leave as a tactic to win a fight. Your partner may just take you seriously and let you go.
- No matter what results, stay positive.
You can get relationship help. YSC is here for you.
How Online Counseling Can Help You Deal with Relationship Problems
Because of the advantages and immediacy of online counseling, we find people are more likely to start. And the sooner you start, the sooner you can start resolving issues with your relationship.
It is convenient – you can do it from anywhere.
Where do you feel most comfortable? Home? In a coffee shop? That is where you might want to be when speaking with your counselor. Online therapy gives you the option to select your location.
It is anonymous.
Do you feel awkward at the thought of sitting in a room talking in person with your therapist? Online counseling gives you the choice of HIPAA-compliant video-conferencing, chat, email or phone – so you can decide how much interaction works best for you.
It is more private.
Do you fear meeting someone you know in a therapist’s waiting room? That keeps many people from getting the help they need. Online therapy give you the ultimate in privacy — it is therapy you can do from the privacy of your own home.
It is affordable.
Whether you have insurance or not, our therapists are priced to provide a great value to you. Hourly rates vary by counselor. They start at $40 an hour.
What makes Your Story Confidential special?
Online counseling means you can get help on your schedule, and on your terms. Our therapists, counselors and life coaches are here to build a relationship with you. They will listen objectively and help you learn tools to cope, heal, and move forward with life. Conversations between you and your provider are strictly confidential.